Net Income: About $2150 – 700 = $1450
AlphaCasual Productions: $2000
Expenses for ACP: 200
Expenses for Honeyplex: 500 (AdWords, outsourcing design and back-end product stuff)
1. Haste makes waste.
2. Take the time to learn the skills you need.
3. Don’t work TOO hard. When you hit something hard over and over again, take a break and come back to it. Your subconscious mind will work on solving the problem. Remember when you are young and you were playing a video game and you didn’t know how to solve a particular problem? You would sleep on it and eventually your mind figures out a way to solve it and you can’t wait to play the game and and try the new theory? This is what happens when you are devoted to what you do.
4. Change your story – don’t make your job an obstacle - use it as a tool to build discipline.
5. When lost, focus on the end user and all else will follow (Larry Page)
I want to take a moment and talk about the element of jealousy in game and finances because it is an important part of human nature and if left untamed, can garnish many of your most finest moments. It is a natural human feeling. We have all felt it at one point or another, as kids or even as adults. Have you had a sibling come into the family, and you felt jealous that your mother’s time was not divided between 2 or more kids? Jealousy can have its uses in human psychology, however, like anything else, when taken too far. The Greek mythology describes envy and jealous as the green on eyed serpent that can strike you at any time.
Jealousy vs. Envy
Jealousy is a natural biological response to the fear of losing something, usually an emotional connection to someone else. Love is naturally jealous, if you love someone, you will be jealous if they give their love to another. Jealousy can be useful in providing the correct emotional response to a lover who may have strayed, or is thinking of straying. Jealousy can be unconscious. For example, many stories, including my own, have exemplified a feeling of a fear of loss or caring of someone at a particular moment. Perhaps a girlfriend calling her boyfriend when suddenly she just becomes very worried for no apparent logical reason. Often times the girlfriend or boyfriend is seeing someone else. Jealousy therefore has its place in relationships.
Insecure individuals bask in jealousy, as their fear of loss if often accompanied by unjustified jealousy over a loved one, or over protection. These feelings usually originate from childhood days, although life experiences can drastically alter feelings of jealousy. People that are jealous usually are afraid of losing out on an opportunity, or fearing the loss of something they may already have.
Katt Williams on Haters:
- Ok guys, I has come to my attention that these income reports can be a good thing and bad. Getting this level of information out was my original intention. You see, I wanted to chart out a course for myself AND for others to follow in my foot steps. In chronicling each month you will see the ups and downs I experience as a entrepreneur.
- At the same time, I do put myself in an interesting position in that other competitors can learn from our sales numbers and figure out how to better compete with us. Haters may report discrepancies in my reports to the IRS and make trouble, etc.
- These things do not matter to me that much, because first of all, competition is normal and we do not see them catching up to us any time soon. If they did, then they deserved it. Second, my income reports generally are lower in profit because we stack on legitimate business expenses against revenue so that we maximize the legal benefits we receive in tax protection as a business entity.
- If you want me to continue posting my income reports in detail, please leave a comment. Otherwise, I will generalize my monthly income progressions in ball park figures like this post.
- Thanks! -Vince
- 5/30/12 – $250 – Direct Ad
- 5/22/12 – $138.50 – Affiliate sales
- 5/20/12 – $460.26 - Affiliate sales
- 5/9/12 – $1000 - Affiliate sales
- 5/9/12 – $630.54 – clickbank
- 5/5/12 – $1273.15 - Affiliate sales
- 5/4/12 – $53.44 - Affiliate sales