Bruce Lee’s Learning Stages
First Stage – The first is the primitive stage. It is a stage of original ignorance in which a person knows nothing about the art of combat. In a fight, he simply blocks and strikes instinctively without a concern for what is right and wrong. Of course, he may not be so-called scientific, but, nevertheless, being himself, his attacks or defenses are fluid.
The second stage — the stage of sophistication, or mechanical stage — begins when a person starts his training. He is taught the different ways of blocking, striking, kicking, standing, breathing, and thinking — unquestionably, he has gained the scientific knowledge of combat, but unfortunately his original self and sense of freedom are lost, and his action no longer flows by itself. His mind tends to freeze at different movements for calculations and analysis, and even worse, he might be called “intellectually bound” and maintain himself outside of the actual reality.
The third stage — the stage of artlessness, or spontaneous stage — occurs when, after years of serious and hard practice, the student realizes that after all, gung fu is nothing special. And instead of trying to impose on his mind, he adjusts himself to his opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. There is nothing to try to do but try to be purposeless and formless, like water. All of his classical techniques and standard styles are minimized, if not wiped out, and nothingness prevails. He is no longer confined.
Keep Taking Shots
A revelation came to me during a night run when I realized that making money online was hard. It wasn’t that I wasn’t doing what was right, but I needed to keep taking shots, and adjusting each shot to the results.
A lot of times we get stuck on the basic “what ifs” or get bogged down with 1 site. Keep putting out a value proposition, and keep taking your shots. Short shots, long shots. Each time, you will get a result of how close you are to scoring.
Focus on learning the skill set to take good shots, and the points will come.
Good Girl Comp
I thought this was hilarious and sometimes true. Not all girls are bad apples.
Dating 9s and 10s: Part 4
There were a couple of things I learned from attending San Diego’s Fashion Week and I am going to add this as part of the “Dating 9s and 10s” series. Here are my notes post event.
For those of you that don’t know, SD Fashion Week started a year ago with 12 designers in 2012. 3 appeared on the NY fashion week runway, and this year we are featuring 26 designers. While an emerging market, the fashion week staff has done a great job publicizing and marketing San Diego as the “emerging designer” city for fashion.
I met a lot of artists, designers, models, agency owners and other auxiliary services that cater to the whole fashion industry.
- There are SO many people who are better than me as professional “artists”. They have crafted their image, and know how to convey their personality in just ONE look.
- Trying to “Game” models reminded me of what it was like to be on equal footing with all the other guys and NOT have automated attraction based on my style, image or height. Basically, I experienced what it was like as as normal dude without any style because at the shows, everyone had amazing style. While the whole point of Seduce With Style was to help guys get a leg up with their image at the first “look”, if everyone is styled out you basically have to start from zero.
- Don’t settle – a lot of people do. There’s also this social conception that when you get married, you become LAME and boring. There were plenty of people who still have fun doing what they do, kids or no kids, and you can still feel the excitement and adrenaline rush of doing something great. Don’t give up on this, ever.
- Model girls are a group of randomly chosen models from different cities. Some of them live here in SD, others in LA. They are just like any other random group of demographics. There’s the nice shy girl, the party girl, and others. None of them were stereotyped other than the fact that they were tall, and had very distinct features. So from that perspective you can’t just have one method of type of “game” with model girls, since they are all human beings and you have to look at their psycho-graphics instead of their physical attributes. Read more
My 2nd Round of Goals Completion
Time the pay the Piper, today’s Thursday and I’m booked for the weekend. The Gauntlet meeting is on Sunday
Original Goals – 100% Completed
- Write a Letter to Admired CEO of an Agency. Must be done before 11:59pm September 3rd, if not $100. DONE sent in mail today. Wrote a second letter with advice on how to improve their online presence, this is the last one I will send.
- Pay It Forward. Take out a guy or two and show them pick up skills. 2x. $20 for each missed.Scheduled.
- Profile of your Ideal Woman. Post to The Gauntlet Facebook page the profile of your ideal woman. Done no later than 11:59pm August 10th. $50 if not completed. DONE
- Choose Target Locations. After profiling ideal woman, choose 2 events where she would typically be. Done after profile, due date August 18th. $20 for non-completion. Done. Museum (tomorrow). Model show coming up Sat. Then SD Fashion Show. 90% now is SHOWING UP.
- Brother Brunch. Choose 4 men from current Gauntlet class and grab lunch. Talk about life. Bond. $25 for each man not completed with. Tentative, 1 on Sat. Invite more after this week. 4 out of 4 completed with Gabriel and Jesse. Just realized I had lunch with Alex and Aaron too on Sunday, so that’s 4! I will shoot for 1 more this weekend. Completed with a few guys I took out this Sunday x4 for daygaming, had lunch with Ron from The Mission.
- Asian Interviews. Interview 4 asian pick up artists in two months. $50 for every interview not completed. Need to do this. Need to send out invites, have a list of 11. I have 2 completed, DJ Fuji this weekend, and Kong is writing me an email. Need 1 more full interview. 3/4
Goals in September
- Finish the ebook (text and all content) – this is not done = $20
- Finish optimizing the whole channel of all my seduction sites. This I completed today. I realized it is an ongoing process, however this has taken up the majority of my time over the last 2 weeks.
- Throw a big summer party and invite everyone you’ve met so far. No value taking, only value giving. Get 1:1 girl guy ratio at least – Created a FB invite for a pool party, will get lots of girls to come out.
- Talk to 1 person that has offended you and that you’ve frozen out and be at peace with them. If they are still hostile at least try to understand them. Talked to Charlie. It was kind of her fault, she’s still flakey and owes me money. Got 2 friends to reconcile back home.
- Create the new web design site with a full value proposition for Honeyplex Studios. I haven’t been able to complete this yet. $20
- Create or find one process or social connection that provides access to hot, high quality girls consistently. This again is an on-going process, however I have a contact that invites me to all her events for SD Arts, where I meet most of my girls and I got into SD Fashion week. I would consider this a win, of course there’s a lot more improvement and when I am more done with my work I want to spend the next 2 weeks focusing more on my social life.
- Create massage sessions or get them scheduled to keep RSI under control when working – I am really careful about this as my hands are my livelihood (no exaggeration)
- Spend at least 2 days (weekend) with guys from the mission and do non “pick-up” stuff. Hung out with Gabriel for lunch, Dan the Man, and went running with Paco