Days 26 – 40
Income report from March is coming soon. Lesson learned from the job interviewing process is insightful.
In terms of the business, we were able to make some major improvements. The little things in terms of setting up process counts. I have also learned that
- Large takeover ad for Seducing With Style does work.
- Weekly face to face meetings sets up process for business. Process is super important for discipline and success.
- Keeping the momentum going by having weekly to do lists.
- Staying motivated on the larger picture and agreement on the final goal (financial freedom)
Recently, I also started looking for a new job. The idea was the find something that I can do well and use the money I make in salary to finance ACP.
I’d like to find something that isn’t as crazy as management consulting or startup hours, but where I can still contribute and learn a lot.
Sorry guys. I was supposed to keep this updated, but I have lagged out for about 2 weeks. Recently I realized that I needed to get a full time job. The reasons for this are many, some of which I cannot share with you although I have deliberately kept this blog a bit personal.
I will continue with day 25, knowing that perhaps in 40 days we may not hit the $100 a day goal. Nonetheless, you can see my progress and I will continue to be working on my side business. In addition to this, I may do a marathon race for another 30-60 days in the future for a similar goal.
Right now, our rate for March is low. $800 for the month. We are expecting more money to come in, and I will provide a full income report when March ends.
Inspirations and Dealing with Temporary Failure
You wake up on Monday morning, and the routine starts.
Work. Office. Boss. Emails. Routine. Lunch. Get back home. Sleep. And the day starts all over again.
I did this for 3.5 years. I hate it everyday. I would find every opportunity to wiggle my way out of it, or to find an alternative to the path. I started building my own business, with a partner still in school. We succeeded in making some money, but it wasn’t enough.
Certain people can deal with the mundaneness of this routine, but I cannot. Yet, when push comes to shove, you need to money to put food on the table. You need it to survive. Read more
Time to crank out the interviewing sessions. Still need to get a job offer.
On the business side, we are seeing increasing traffic and opt-in rates from the techniques we have learned in the mastermind syndicate meeting in LA. This is encouraging. We still need help on product and sales page development and am getting this now. Time to be humble and ask for help from one of the best mentors in the business.
February 2011 Income Report
- 2/21/11 – $123.20 – SGM
- 2/10/11 – $70.00 – LS
- 2/7/11 – $475.09 – GTS
- 2/6/11 – $198.50 – CYC
Direct Ads – $200
- 2/8/11 – $200.00
Product Sales – $836.97 + 100%
- 2/18/11 – $215.93 – seduce with style
- 2/5/11 – $621.04 – seduce with style
CPC Sales – $400.50
- 2/3/11 – $400.50 – PUAT CPC
Expenses for February, 2011- $237 (syndicate meeting in LA = $200)
Net Profit = $1152.13 – $237 = $915.13
This month marks a new level of growth for us, breaking $2000 and $1000 each for me and my business partner. That covers my rent! If we can repeat this times 3, we will have $6000 a month and $3000 each. This is enough for my basic rent, food, and other miscellaneous payments.
The growth in revenue is due to a few things:
- Hitting payout threshold for several affiliates. Other than luck, the affiliates have paid out to us finally as we hit over the $100 payout marks for some of their products running on rotation on PUA Lingo.com.
- Product sales0 this added almost $1k to our bottom line. The Style ebook is doing well, but it could be doing so much better.
- We did really well with GTS (not sure where the sales came from – must be from emails) and also from PUAT, CPC. Traffic is at an all time high as we continue to write content and do superior link building work for PUAlingo.com and Seducingwithstyle.com
- We spent $1000+ on developing the ebook. This is a high quality book and I think it was worth it. However, the ebook sales can be MUCH higher. We are trying to figure out a way to revamp this whole system.
- After optimizing the sales funnel, we will bring on JVs on board to sell SWS. This will be huge for us. Planning for this begins in March 2011.
- I think we can do doing more, like launching a new site or building on an existing site in addition to the current tactics we are deploying.