Inspirations and Dealing with Temporary Failure
You wake up on Monday morning, and the routine starts.
Work. Office. Boss. Emails. Routine. Lunch. Get back home. Sleep. And the day starts all over again.
I did this for 3.5 years. I hate it everyday. I would find every opportunity to wiggle my way out of it, or to find an alternative to the path. I started building my own business, with a partner still in school. We succeeded in making some money, but it wasn’t enough.
Certain people can deal with the mundaneness of this routine, but I cannot. Yet, when push comes to shove, you need to money to put food on the table. You need it to survive. Read more
Time to crank out the interviewing sessions. Still need to get a job offer.
On the business side, we are seeing increasing traffic and opt-in rates from the techniques we have learned in the mastermind syndicate meeting in LA. This is encouraging. We still need help on product and sales page development and am getting this now. Time to be humble and ask for help from one of the best mentors in the business.
February 2011 Income Report
- 2/21/11 – $123.20 – SGM
- 2/10/11 – $70.00 – LS
- 2/7/11 – $475.09 – GTS
- 2/6/11 – $198.50 – CYC
Direct Ads – $200
- 2/8/11 – $200.00
Product Sales – $836.97 + 100%
- 2/18/11 – $215.93 – seduce with style
- 2/5/11 – $621.04 – seduce with style
CPC Sales – $400.50
- 2/3/11 – $400.50 – PUAT CPC
Expenses for February, 2011- $237 (syndicate meeting in LA = $200)
Net Profit = $1152.13 – $237 = $915.13
This month marks a new level of growth for us, breaking $2000 and $1000 each for me and my business partner. That covers my rent! If we can repeat this times 3, we will have $6000 a month and $3000 each. This is enough for my basic rent, food, and other miscellaneous payments.
The growth in revenue is due to a few things:
- Hitting payout threshold for several affiliates. Other than luck, the affiliates have paid out to us finally as we hit over the $100 payout marks for some of their products running on rotation on PUA Lingo.com.
- Product sales0 this added almost $1k to our bottom line. The Style ebook is doing well, but it could be doing so much better.
- We did really well with GTS (not sure where the sales came from – must be from emails) and also from PUAT, CPC. Traffic is at an all time high as we continue to write content and do superior link building work for PUAlingo.com and Seducingwithstyle.com
- We spent $1000+ on developing the ebook. This is a high quality book and I think it was worth it. However, the ebook sales can be MUCH higher. We are trying to figure out a way to revamp this whole system.
- After optimizing the sales funnel, we will bring on JVs on board to sell SWS. This will be huge for us. Planning for this begins in March 2011.
- I think we can do doing more, like launching a new site or building on an existing site in addition to the current tactics we are deploying.
January 2011 Income Report
January ($973.85) – $32.46/day
$486 a month for me
- 1/22/11 – $200.00 – Direct Ads
- 1/20/11 – $155.10 – Affiliate sales
- 1/13/11 – $50.00 – Ad space reservation
- 1/4/11 – $368.75 – CPC Ads
- 1/3/11 – $200.00 – Direct Ad 2
Expenses for January, 2011 – $118
Net Profit = $486 – $118 = $368
This month I made about $400 split 50-50 with my business partner. Not much, and not enough to cover food and expenses. We have been slowing down a bit as we are preparing for the Seduce With Style launch, and some of these product sales will come in next month.
Overall, I’d like to move away from depending on advertisers for money. It takes too much traffic and we are not negotiating the right deals. Our CPC ad can beat out $200 a month easily with our growth in traffic so we are actually losing money. No more selling direct ad space for less than $250 a month.
Our affiliate sales did ok this month, but the money came in through direct ad sales. As we move toward owning our own products the sales of these products will overshadow the advertising revenue we generate for PUA Lingo as we run our own ads.
For the past two days, I stayed mostly in my room working on the marketing plan for our current projects. We were working on implementing our learnings from the syndicate to our current business model. The biggest questions we had to answer were:
1) Create a test for your lead conversion page (squeeze, whatever it is) in Google Website optimizer. Even if you have no idea what to test, at least start some kind of test to get a % you can measure of current performance.
2) Work to optimize that as best you can. (We are optimizing via aweber forms and sign up rates)
3) Simultaneously, create a test for your current sales page. Start with the headline, intro paragraph, and offer. Those are the most important to test. (We are hiring someone to re-write our sales page)
4) Setup a test with your emails by sending them out as broadcasts through Aweber instead of automatically. This will allow you to test open rate and click-throughs. (We’ve setup new autoresponder sequences that we are tracking. Hopefully these will convert better)
At night, I will plan to go out and just practice game. My game has been getting better and now I am approaching 9s and 10s instead of semi-cute girls. More on this in a related post.