Bruce Lee and Game
My recent growth in personal development comes from reading biographies and autobiographies of people I admire and find interesting. This includes characters such as Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Audrey Hepburn. The stories of celebrities and movie stars are far more interesting, I find, than business individuals drumming on about the latest management theories and whatnot.
Of these came the stories of Bruce Lee. From Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon (John Little) struck a particular chord with me due to its exclusive pictures that were provided by Linda Lee Cadwell
Here are some quotes from the story that I related to my own life. Bruce’s philosophy regarding how to train in martial arts also apply to learning pick up, and any skill, for that matter.
A really trained, good actor is a rarity nowadays – that demand the actor to be real, to be himself. The audiences are not dumb today, an actor is not simply demonstrating what one wants others to believe he is expressing. That is mere imitation or illustration – but it is not creating – even through this superficial demonstration can be “performed” with remarkable expertise.
Pickup Translation: A really trained, good seducer is a rarity nowadays – that demand the artist to be real, to be himself. The girls are not dumb today, an artist is not simply demonstrating what he wants her to believe he is expressing. That is mere imitation, but it is not relating, even through imitation can be performed exceptionally well. Read more
The secret of success…
“The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins
Practicing a skill and the path of Mastery
I wrote a letter to my mentors DJ Fuji and Achilles recently. I started noticing a pattern of failure amongst the guys who are studying pickup. Despite their efforts, they are not improving, or improving very slowly.
I started to realize that when I first started this journey in game in 2007, I already had the social skills I needed. I built these skills through business. Presentation, attire, conversational skills. Although I was oblivious to girls, I was able to read basic social cues.
DJ Fuji, however, literally came from scratch. From my observations in field, the guys who are naturally timid or shy, have to pack in a large amount of “social experience” in a compressed frame of time. Because of this, simple mediocre effort on their part just doesn’t work. Simply going to a bootcamp for “entertainment” doesn’t get lasting results.
So as I am helping other guys now, I at one point became frustrated at the lack of progress these other guys were having. I was looking to build an academy of X-men, all with superpowers. Were we still X-men, each with our own unique abilities and heroic characteristics, or were we simply, average, frustrated chumps? (AFCs)
March 2011 Income Report
- 3/26/11 – $104.10 – seduce with style
- 3/21/11 – $370.75 – seduce with style
- 3/20/11 – $99.60 – affiliate sales
- 3/13/11 – $250.00 -direct ad revenue
- 3/2/11 – $406.75 – CPC ad revenue
March Expenses: $145.95
- 3/31/11 – $49.95 – imautomator
- 3/28/11 – $29 – aweber
- 3/6/11 – $10 – domain renewal
- 3/2/11 – $10 – new signature graphics
- 3/1/11 – $47 – popup domination
March business net profit: $1085.25
My profit share: $542
- Not enough money! Despite our best efforts over the past 6 months, the current stream of revenue is just not enough to sustain 2 full time founders. That, and along with my previous Google salary. We have come to the stark realization that starting a business takes time, and also, a large commitment.
- Process: we need to setup process. People are lazy in general. Daily reports now are a must. If the right processes are set in place, the right things start happening. Being in a startup, you need to build the discipline for you and your associated business partners. Without this, there can be no progress.
- We have moved all affiliate sales into our own product, which is generating revenue. However, there is still SO much more potential for SWS to grow. In addition to this, we’ve figured out the product sales model, and should be exploring even more industries to penetrate with this knowledge.
- March revenue was also lower due to affiliate sales going down. Because we added up all the affiliate minimum payouts in Feb, our average sales should be a little lower. Our average sales right now per month should be around $1500, and the goal should be $3000 for the next milestone.
Days 26 – 40
Income report from March is coming soon. Lesson learned from the job interviewing process is insightful.
In terms of the business, we were able to make some major improvements. The little things in terms of setting up process counts. I have also learned that
- Large takeover ad for Seducing With Style does work.
- Weekly face to face meetings sets up process for business. Process is super important for discipline and success.
- Keeping the momentum going by having weekly to do lists.
- Staying motivated on the larger picture and agreement on the final goal (financial freedom)
Recently, I also started looking for a new job. The idea was the find something that I can do well and use the money I make in salary to finance ACP.
I’d like to find something that isn’t as crazy as management consulting or startup hours, but where I can still contribute and learn a lot.