Quotes From Other People That Changed My Life
Me: “Sorry professor, I know I am always late, I’ll work on it”
Professor: “I don’t care about that (being late for class). You have a gift. Your thinking, the way you view business. Don’t waste it”
-Professor Jeanette asked me to stay after class one day. I thought I was in trouble.
“But…. but … you’re AlphaWolf!?”
-Fellow PUA who looked up to me, during a night where I was felling down and could not approach a hottie
“What is it like to be tall and good looking?”
-Fellow friend from SF asked me, on a day I was feeling ugly.
“You’re one of the smartest people I have ever met”
-Anonymous Friend of a Friend
“Do you want to come in my mouth?”
-One of the most physically beautiful girl I’ve ever met
“There is nothing a teacher can teach you that you don’t already know deep within. All a good teacher does is to remove the debris that sometimes covers the ultimate truth”
-A passage from Ekhart Tolle
“That was a really good walk. I was waiting out back and then as you get on stage I was like ‘oh wow there he goes'”
-Cecilia Aragon, feedback to me after a runway show after walking her design line
“You’re tall, and you have good frame. What a waste, for someone like you not to workout”
-A frenemy from highschool who sided with my bullies, but always tried to discretely help me out. I have conflicting feelings about him. On one hand he could have just sided with me in full. But he sided with my enemies, and would make fun of me sometimes and help me sometimes. Deep inside, he admired my dad and perhaps that filtered onto me a bit. Truth is, he didn’t have to help me at all, and he was also seeking his own form of social acceptance and it was harder with me around. I always remembered this one advice he gave me though.
Model Game: Part 1
Over the past few weeks. I’ve had the privilege of working as a male model in some minor fashion shows in San Diego. This last weekend was a lucky break in an editorial and I got to really hangout with the models at a hotel overnight and see the other side of the matrix. I want to share some of my insights into the world of modeling and how it relates to life, social dynamics, and success with women.
San Diego is a small town at 1.3 million compared to LA’s 8-9 million people. The $$$ and the industry is in LA (or Miami, or NYC). Because of our proximity we do get some coverage and events, but for the most part San Diego is a small chill beach town compared to LA and NYC’s hustle and grind. To really understand the agency world, I would have to be in NY, LA or a distant 3rd, Miami.
Type of Models
1. Professional, seasoned: these guys and gals have worked full-time for a few years and know the deal. They have grown accustomed to the attention, and are finely tuned to who their MUA (make up artist), hair stylist, and who the decisions makers are on set. Usually, they are very present, calm. Nothing is a big deal they have seen it all. The professional guy models can range from being super cool, to complete womanizers. The level of misogyny depends on that mode’s personal morals and life experience. Obviously, his ability to get and date girl models will amplify whatever his views on woman are to a higher level. In other words, if he’s the faithful kind who enjoys relationships, he will become more calm as he gets accustomed to being around extremely beautiful women all the time. If he’s the type of guy or in a phase of his life where he enjoys being single or playing around, he’s going to have a lot more temptation with the hottest girls. In most fashion shows, the girls outnumber the guys. Read more
Online Dating Data: What To Send Girls For Maximum Results
Hypothesis: Online dating response rates can be improved if I write the correct things in the initial message sent.
- I wanted to test out the most effective messages to send when doing online dating.
- I scoured the pick up dating forums for suggestions from others that worked.
- I had to keep track of all the data over a 2 week period to see if the girl responded to my original message
- The responses were 90% positive, although 10% of them were negative. This is not reflected in the data. PUAs say that any response is an IOI, but some of the response led nowhere
- I hired a remote assistant to send out 100 messages, totaling 787 messages over a 6 week period.
- Use free sites only
- Cost: $35 a week x 6 weeks = $210
- I also created a fake hot babe account who was gorgeous to get a sense of what type of messages she received, this was my competition. She got over 200 messages in 2 days.
So officially, my instructions were:
1. Heidi, I want you to send 5 messages over the next week to 100 girls
2. Use your judgement as to the type of girl and adapt accordingly
3. Age range should be 18-49, no Asian girls or black girls, unless they are exceptionally beautiful
4. Let me know if you have any questions, here are my logins
My 5 Messages and instructions to my “dating strategist” assistant: Read more
Field Report and Realizations in The Game
I was out tonight on a light date and then out with a few of the guys. They all wanted to go out hardcore and pick up, I was more interested in walking around and hanging out. As I was walking home I did a few sets. I had a couple of epiphanies.
1. PU industry is over saturated with products that are repetitive.
There are only a few books you should read to get really good knowledge. The rest of it lies in your ability to systematically practice your social interactions on a consistent basis. If I was advising a newbie, I would recommend:
- The original Mystery Method handbook
- The Game, a unbiased account of Style’s journey in the community
- RSD’s Blueprint Decoded
- Attend one of RSD’s hotseat events and see in-field footage for yourself. Do this after you have had at least 3-6 months of consistent in-field experience
- I don’t recommend bootcamps, in fact I think they are over-priced and adrenaline boosting, but you can learn more from hanging out with naturals, or befriend instructions and offer them a lower price but longer period of time training with them. You then start picking up their mindset and way of thinking much faster than if you would on a bootcamp or on your own.
2. RSD is pushing the envelop, but that’s it. Every other pick up company is just here for marketing and here for the short term. I am disappointed at Mystery for his business-sense is lacking. After his initial breakthrough he wasn’t able to ride the wave towards more innovation and build a sustainable organisation. Perhaps his fate is to be the mad scientist or magician.
3. Normal life vs. pick up life… Read more
Is Tinder Racist? Statistical Analysis and Tricks to Win The Tinder Game
So the question of the week is: Is Tinder Racist?
I won’t tease you with this one. We already know that minorities receive less replies via OKCupid’s analysis and probably the rest of the online dating world. The short answer is “yes”. Tinder is racist. So is online dating. So is society. But the data may surprise you as far as how racist it really is vs. what we expect.
Luckily for us, I’m Asian and super smart so I devised a super cool way to test Tinder’s racism HAHA
For those of you that don’t know, Tinder is a fast growing app that allows users to “like” or “reject” a profile based on that person’s picture. If both users “like” each other, a match is made and you can then message the person. People praise it for weeding out the “creepy” factor because girls get to choose which guys they prefer based on their Tinder pictures. Other people complain that it is based on superficial factors like one’s photo and physical attributes.
Hypothesis: Tinder is racist.
Methodology to test hypothesis:
- I created 6 profiles of different types of people
- I ran a hacked automated tool that likes everyone in your area on Tinder
- Each profile had multiple pics and distinct tag lines, and I only included below the primary profile pics
- We recorded the number of return likes in 24 hours, and the number of messages each profile received
So, without further ado here are our contestants: Read more