I was out tonight on a light date and then out with a few of the guys. They all wanted to go out hardcore and pick up, I was more interested in walking around and hanging out. As I was walking home I did a few sets. I had a couple of epiphanies.
1. PU industry is over saturated with products that are repetitive.
There are only a few books you should read to get really good knowledge. The rest of it lies in your ability to systematically practice your social interactions on a consistent basis. If I was advising a newbie, I would recommend:
- The original Mystery Method handbook
- The Game, a unbiased account of Style’s journey in the community
- RSD’s Blueprint Decoded
- Attend one of RSD’s hotseat events and see in-field footage for yourself. Do this after you have had at least 3-6 months of consistent in-field experience
- I don’t recommend bootcamps, in fact I think they are over-priced and adrenaline boosting, but you can learn more from hanging out with naturals, or befriend instructions and offer them a lower price but longer period of time training with them. You then start picking up their mindset and way of thinking much faster than if you would on a bootcamp or on your own.
2. RSD is pushing the envelop, but that’s it. Every other pick up company is just here for marketing and here for the short term. I am disappointed at Mystery for his business-sense is lacking. After his initial breakthrough he wasn’t able to ride the wave towards more innovation and build a sustainable organisation. Perhaps his fate is to be the mad scientist or magician.
3. Normal life vs. pick up life… Read more
So the question of the week is: Is Tinder Racist?
I won’t tease you with this one. We already know that minorities receive less replies via OKCupid’s analysis and probably the rest of the online dating world. The short answer is “yes”. Tinder is racist. So is online dating. So is society. But the data may surprise you as far as how racist it really is vs. what we expect.
For those of you that don’t know, Tinder is a fast growing app that allows users to “like” or “reject” a profile based on that person’s picture. If both users “like” each other, a match is made and you can then message the person. People praise it for weeding out the “creepy” factor because girls get to choose which guys they prefer based on their Tinder pictures. Other people complain that it is based on superficial factors like one’s photo and physical attributes.
Hypothesis: Tinder is racist.
Methodology to test hypothesis:
- I created 6 profiles of different types of people
- I ran a hacked automated tool that likes everyone in your area on Tinder
- Each profile had multiple pics and distinct tag lines, and I only included below the primary profile pics
- We recorded the number of return likes in 24 hours, and the number of messages each profile received
So, without further ado here are our contestants: Read more
So tired to write FRs after everything. 2 sets I remember the most:
1) Girl walking away with 2 other girls.
Me: “Hey, I like your face”
Me: Whats your name
I stick with them, say hi to the friends. Other guys are on them but eventually drop off
Me: You have to give me your number, we’ll hang out. Quick.
I got her number.
2) Girl eyes me at club. I recognize it and open. Set goes very well, I physically escalate until she pushes me lightly away from in between her legs. Logistics are not good, she’s with 2 friends who all came together.
We decided to let them go and realized that was a good call, other guys dropped off like flies.
I was in a bad mood and I got out of it with some help from friends. I was feeling annoying when I am working on business stuff with a singular focus and I start resenting anyone who cannot help me get to where I want to go. Anyway tonight I learned a lot from Jared and also implemented a lot of things right.
1. I spoke slowly and more confidently
2. I made eye contact – this made a HUGE difference in my interactions. I would look at a girl directly. I need to sexualize this more right now they laugh or just stare back, but I need to project the “I want you” energy vibe.
3. I made some escalations that the girls did not reject. Holding hands, putting my left in between their leg, patting her on the ass from behind
4. In one set, with my Macedonian wing we had 2 super tough girls. The tipping point came when I said, “I’m not into your type honey, no offense. I’m from San Francisco”. She slipped at that point and became interested. They were drunk, stupid girls but I realized that game was implemented correctly and from that point on, she started asking me questions and chasing me. It was a active disqualifier done right!
5. I almost pulled a hottie but she found her friends. Need to play the audio back for Jared to see what else I could have done, if anytihng
Jared Psych on Sexual Escalation:
Last night was pretty epic as we hit up Mill Ave down near ASU in Phoenix, AZ. Like everyone said, there is a disproportionate amount of females to men here, and a lot of the girls are pretty on point with their bodies and style. In short, there are tons of hotties in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Sometime after dinner I took a personal break and realized my sticking points. They were the same as before. It is amazing how we go about life with blind spots about how to do something effectively. But when you throw in the measurement tools, you start seeing patterns from actual scientific data. I was talking too fast. I can see girls eyes and that little twinkle when I first approach, and then have it slowly die off as I talk. So, slow down your speech, take your time. Be PRESENT in the moment and take your time when meeting new people, and experience everything.
There were a few amazing sets after that, and I realized what I was doing wrong the whole time.
Game is game, like anywhere else. Hotter girls are generally going to have a little more value and your margin of error will be a little lower, as always.
If you find yourself stuck after approaching 20+ sets, something you are doing is turning them off. Either get a voice recorder, have a friend video tape, or ask a coach. 99% of the time, it is something you are doing that you are not aware of that’s turning the girl off.