I thought this was hilarious and sometimes true. Not all girls are bad apples.
There were a couple of things I learned from attending San Diego’s Fashion Week and I am going to add this as part of the “Dating 9s and 10s” series. Here are my notes post event.
For those of you that don’t know, SD Fashion Week started a year ago with 12 designers in 2012. 3 appeared on the NY fashion week runway, and this year we are featuring 26 designers. While an emerging market, the fashion week staff has done a great job publicizing and marketing San Diego as the “emerging designer” city for fashion.
I met a lot of artists, designers, models, agency owners and other auxiliary services that cater to the whole fashion industry.
- There are SO many people who are better than me as professional “artists”. They have crafted their image, and know how to convey their personality in just ONE look.
- Trying to “Game” models reminded me of what it was like to be on equal footing with all the other guys and NOT have automated attraction based on my style, image or height. Basically, I experienced what it was like as as normal dude without any style because at the shows, everyone had amazing style. While the whole point of Seduce With Style was to help guys get a leg up with their image at the first “look”, if everyone is styled out you basically have to start from zero.
- Don’t settle – a lot of people do. There’s also this social conception that when you get married, you become LAME and boring. There were plenty of people who still have fun doing what they do, kids or no kids, and you can still feel the excitement and adrenaline rush of doing something great. Don’t give up on this, ever.
- Model girls are a group of randomly chosen models from different cities. Some of them live here in SD, others in LA. They are just like any other random group of demographics. There’s the nice shy girl, the party girl, and others. None of them were stereotyped other than the fact that they were tall, and had very distinct features. So from that perspective you can’t just have one method of type of “game” with model girls, since they are all human beings and you have to look at their psycho-graphics instead of their physical attributes. Read more
I came across this interesting data graphic online while browsing one of Mystery’s Facebook feeds. You’ll notice that Finland, Sweden and the northern European countries have a younger virgin rate. Next is Brazil and Australia. America, Russia are average at about 18 years.
Scott is in Hawaii, called him last night and chatted for next steps.
Lesson 1: when alone in field don’t respond and give single strangers power to define your state. You’re going to have great sets and bad sets, some people will love you, others will not like you. Same in salsa scene, unless you have social proof with friends.
Lesson 2: When done correctly, a lot can happen very quickly. You just have to find the right formula. Traditional thinking believes that
- you need time to heal
- take time to make friends
The truth is, there are behavioral techniques that can accelerate your results in all areas. Take a look at Tony Robbin’s breakthrough series, I thought those were great at identifying what needs to change in each person’s life and their scenario.
Lesson 3: Need fun added into work. I am not looking to change the world, despite my admiration for Steve Jobs and Woz. My goal is happiness on all levels – this require a strong path of work and also sharing what I can with my friends and family and lover.
Having fun in between tough working sessions feels right. Sitting in front of a computer a lot and working a lot does not feel right. Need breaks of fun time.
Making new friends in a new city is not always easy, yet it is necessary. If you want to lead a life of adventure, you will need to learn how to make new friends.
So, you are reading this because you are a PUA in a new city. Or, you’re just a guy in a new city and need some tips on (re)building your social circle. While this post is more specific to PUAs, normal guys and gals can still benefit from it. The process may be a bit different for guys and girls, nonetheless the advice in this post should overlap. Keep in mind I am learning as I go since I moved to San Diego.
Your first 10 days in a new city