Income report from March is coming soon. Lesson learned from the job interviewing process is insightful.
In terms of the business, we were able to make some major improvements. The little things in terms of setting up process counts. I have also learned that
- Large takeover ad for Seducing With Style does work.
- Weekly face to face meetings sets up process for business. Process is super important for discipline and success.
- Keeping the momentum going by having weekly to do lists.
- Staying motivated on the larger picture and agreement on the final goal (financial freedom)
Recently, I also started looking for a new job. The idea was the find something that I can do well and use the money I make in salary to finance ACP.
I’d like to find something that isn’t as crazy as management consulting or startup hours, but where I can still contribute and learn a lot.
Sorry guys. I was supposed to keep this updated, but I have lagged out for about 2 weeks. Recently I realized that I needed to get a full time job. The reasons for this are many, some of which I cannot share with you although I have deliberately kept this blog a bit personal.
I will continue with day 25, knowing that perhaps in 40 days we may not hit the $100 a day goal. Nonetheless, you can see my progress and I will continue to be working on my side business. In addition to this, I may do a marathon race for another 30-60 days in the future for a similar goal.
Right now, our rate for March is low. $800 for the month. We are expecting more money to come in, and I will provide a full income report when March ends.
Time to crank out the interviewing sessions. Still need to get a job offer.
On the business side, we are seeing increasing traffic and opt-in rates from the techniques we have learned in the mastermind syndicate meeting in LA. This is encouraging. We still need help on product and sales page development and am getting this now. Time to be humble and ask for help from one of the best mentors in the business.
For the past two days, I stayed mostly in my room working on the marketing plan for our current projects. We were working on implementing our learnings from the syndicate to our current business model. The biggest questions we had to answer were:
1) Create a test for your lead conversion page (squeeze, whatever it is) in Google Website optimizer. Even if you have no idea what to test, at least start some kind of test to get a % you can measure of current performance.
2) Work to optimize that as best you can. (We are optimizing via aweber forms and sign up rates)
3) Simultaneously, create a test for your current sales page. Start with the headline, intro paragraph, and offer. Those are the most important to test. (We are hiring someone to re-write our sales page)
4) Setup a test with your emails by sending them out as broadcasts through Aweber instead of automatically. This will allow you to test open rate and click-throughs. (We’ve setup new autoresponder sequences that we are tracking. Hopefully these will convert better)
At night, I will plan to go out and just practice game. My game has been getting better and now I am approaching 9s and 10s instead of semi-cute girls. More on this in a related post.
This weekend Casual and I went to LA to visit the Masterminds behind the Seduction Syndicate (henceforth referred to as SS). The SS is a group started by one seduction marketer and now encompasses a large list of online marketers who own dating related websites.
Some of the folks we met this weekend are dating coaches, others are master marketers, SEO experts, content writers, lawyers, among others. We even had a few female coaches and even relationship and sex coaches. Everyone markets their business online in some way and specialize in Affiliate Marketing, Content Development, SEO and running successful and converting online websites.
- Maybe selling is helping and they are the same
- 90% of people who buy books don’t make it past the first chapter (Tony Robbins) – people just feel good about buying a book because they think its a quick fix solution to the problem. Same is true for ebooks
- Although these syndicate guys cut corners, they are just understanding and working the system. Is life a system of rules, or are they meant to be broken? Even so, they are doing it via marketing, which means that despite short-cuts, in the end a convincing argument must be made to the costumer to part with his money. Supply and demand are fundamental forces in a capitalistic society. This in itself is better than the survival of the fittest and men killing each other for property.
- Co-competition can be friendly, people are friendly in general. Socially calibrated folks and high value people have a way of interacting that’s just very genuine, authentic and smooth, despite personality differences.