Back in 2007, we used to host talks from Juggler, Zan, and Badboy at the pick up 101 mansion in Chinatown. Those days are long over. Tobias arranged the talk today at the Renaissance hotel and Owen Cook showed up to give us a talk.
For those of you who don’t know who Owen is, here’s a link. His talk was intimate and he relayed some realism to the whole world of pick up. When I first walked in he was wearing sun glasses and seemed bit distant.
As the talk progressed, he got to interact with the audience more, and explained that he had a prescription for the glasses and wasn’t trying to “be cool”. He touched upon several important topics:
1. Putting common sense and reality into pick up. What do you have to offer the girl? If you’re a male model or movie star, obviously you have some advantage. As a guy who does cold approach pick up, you will have an advantage over average guys. Pick up is not a holy grail. Guys who are good or are getting laid get lazy – they don’t have a need to go out. Only a PUA instructor constantly goes out because he needs the practice to do his job. It is unreasonable to assume someone will keep going out after he can consistently get laid or has a lifestyle that gets him laid. Therefore the cold approach skill set – very few people are good at it. At the same time, the OGs who master this, if you put them out in the field, within 1-2 weeks they will regain everything they’ve learned in their motor response. Read more
Re: RSD Hot Seat Event in SF
This is my first “bootcamp” experience of any kind, other than hanging out with Troy Dizon as a friend. I am not affiliated with RSD in any way, although I have been a fan of Tyler Durden’s work since the publication of the Blueprint.
Overall, the hotseat experience was amazing. The cost = $300 USD, well worth the money spent. The most insightful breakdowns happened when the videos were paused, and Tyler explained the subtleties of the pickup.
Section I: Notes I Wrote Down
1. The look. Tyler: “at a certain point we develop a social intuition for that ‘look’ girls give. Their eyes light up and you know she’s ‘popped’. She’s attracted to you. Take a look at where this happens in this video. Where is it guys? when? when?”. I’ve experienced this before and it was nice to see him break it down on footage.
2. This happens all the time, Tyler: “you have to behave as it this is a normal occurrence for you. Like it happens all the time and it is not a big deal”
3. Life is exciting. Tyler: “but notice how happy my face is when I’m spinning her around”. Life is supposed to be exciting. Picking up girls is fun and exciting. And it should be that way. No matter how many times I do it, whenever I get to this point I always feel it.
4. Logical vs. Emotional Selfs – Tyler showed us a video of a classical “good girl” and how she was asking all these logical questions. He kept on engaging her emotional side and eventually walked her home. Most of us related to girls as a FRIEND to FRIEND relationship. But, chemistry comes from relating as a MAN to a WOMAN relationship.
5. Jeffy: “Yeah I am usually like XXX (an asshole). Times 5.”
6. Accepting a girl for who she is. Not judging her for having a sexual side. Read more