Sexual Stereotype Profile: The Marina Girl
|Location||Union, Fillmore and Chestnut Street|
|Age Range||The Marina Barbie: Blond, Skinny, High-end fashion, Young 20-30 yuppies with post graduate degrees from the east coast and other major universities. Occasionally the brunette with highlights, perky breasts, long legs and light makeupThe Maria Cougar: Same Marina Barbies, just older now and more experienced in hunting down young studs|
|Physical / Style Qualities||Daytime: Tight Yoga Jeans and tight shirts to show off their toned bodies. Louis Vuitton bags and designer shadesNighttime: Classy attire and revealing dresses. Extremely high heels. Victoria’s Secret, Juicy Couture, Seven Jeans, Ugg Boots|
|Favorite Halloween Costume||Princesses, because that’s what they wanted to be as little girlsPeacocks, because they loved to be looked at and feel like a special bitch|
|Natural Male Counterpart||Marina Jock Guy / Ivy League Good Looking White Dude who also lives in the MarinaAKA Abercrombie Douchebag (from Hot chicks with Douchebags)|
|How To Game||
|Natural Enemy||Hot Asian Girls, Mission Hippie Girls, South Bay Fatties, SF Fatties|
|Pop Culture Analogy||Cameron Diaz in The Sweetest Thing (see video below)|
|Natural Habitat||The Gavin Newsom Square (Matrix-Fillmore, Plumpjack Wine, Balboa Cafe, and Plumpjack Cafe)|
Cameron Diaz in The Sweetest Thing:
Monet Mazur in 40 Days and 40 Nights
Surfing is a lot like picking up girls in the following ways:
- When you first hit the water your body feels a natural rush. As the first wave hit you a combined sense of excitement and fear runs through your whole body.
- There are many waves: some are better than the others, some are great waves that have much force and power, some waves are small and gentle. When you catch a great wave you feel like just conquered the world. And then there’s always the one that got away.
- in order to get to where the waves break you have to go under the forceful ones and over the gentle ones. Sometimes you have get around the obstacles to get to the riding point
- You have to ride long and hard
- You fear the big waves, just as you fear the challenges
- Afterward, you feel a strong sense of accomplishment
- You have to catch the right one so that it can take you as far as you can go
- Sometimes ,there’s that beautiful wave that got away
- After riding a few big waves, you learn how to handle it and the task becomes easier and easier.
There are many reasons why some dating coaches maintain the attrition rate of new students in the seduction community as 95% within a 6 month period. Read more
Sexual Stereotype Profile: The Mission Hipster
|Location||The Mission, Haight & Ashbury St, Tenderloin|
|Age Range||Usually young girls, occasionally the pretend young 30s hipster who’s too old to still be doing drugs and living in SF doing “art”.|
|Physical / Style Qualities||-Daytime: Scarfs, weird layering and artsy colors. Long stockings. Hipster Glasses.-Nighttime: Scarfs, weird layering and artsy colors. Long stockings. Hipster Glasses.|
|Favorite Halloween Costume||-Chucky, Dexter, the scarier the better.-Unlike Marina Girls, Mission Hipsters don’t care about being hot, just that their costume is authentic.|
|Natural Male Counterpart||Mission Hipsters|
|How To Game||
|Natural Enemy||Marina Girls, Plastics, Preppy white girls, Rich Kids (Note: some hipsters are rich kids too, they just pretend not to be)|
|Pop Culture Analogy||Shannyn Sossamon in 40 days and 40 nights (see pic below)|
|Natural Habitat||Fillmore, The Mission district, anywhere near the park|
Mission Hipster Girls vs. Marina Girls
San Francisco. The city with the coldest summer in the world. Well known to most locals but unbeknownst to most visitors, the the San Francisco neighborhood has its own breed of females. These two tribes hate each other, and seem to have their own stereotypes of what types of guys they go for.
The Marina Girl
The first one is the notorious Marina Girl. The stereotypical Marina Girl hangs out with ex frat-boys. They are transplants from colleges all over the US that have since moved to the upscale neighborhood. Walking around the Marina on a Saturday night, I felt like I was at Toys R Us, in the Barbie section. There were all types. Brand-whore barbie, sports barbie running back from the gym, Legally Blonde barbie walking her chuwawa, and cougar barbie walking to a charity event with free drinks and an optional $10,000 donation.
In a well written definition from Urban Dictionary:
“The stereotypical Marina girl parties hard, shops casual yet high end fashions including Juicy Couture, Seven Jeans, Ugg Boots, and Banana Republic while never being employed in any tangible profession, other than receptionist, office manager, or booth babe. The Marina Girl maintains her high quality of life through a series of arrangements with older gentlemen in neighboring Pacific Heights. In recent years on weekends, Marina Girls tend to gravitate around the area dubbed by Herb Caen as the “Bermuda Triangle”: a collection of bars and restaurants on the corner of Fillmore and Greenwich streets. In recent times this area has become known as Gavin Newsom square with a collection of Newsom-owned businesses dominating the triangle. Mayor Newsom’s Matrix-Fillmore, Plumpjack Wine, Balboa Cafe, and Plumpjack Cafe are all Marina staples that dominate the landscape. During the week, the Marina Girl can be found looking for companionship at the popular Marina Safeway. When a Marina Girl turns 30, she is no longer known as a Marina Girl, but as a “Cougar”. A few places in the Marina with a high saturation of Cougars are Balboa Cafe, Cozmo’s, the California Wine Merchant, and the Marina Safeway (AKA DateWay).”
In PUA terms, the Marina girl represents the blondies of LA quite well.
- There is always an abundance of sets in the Marina to approach. The best thing about these girls is that they are usually very nice and there is always a group of blonde girls that are down to fuck. You just have to find the right one. I personally think that rich girls from this type of background tend to be nicer, because they have always been treated nicely by other people
- They usually have very good style and generally have a lot of money. Getting drinks from Marina girls is relatively easy
- They are easy sets to open
- If you can pull, usually has very clean and nice smelling bedroom with ridiculously high rent or rent control.
On the negative side,
- There is a bit of race and class separation that inherently comes with this group of stereotypical girls. As a non-white person, if you let it get to you, it will. White people hate being called out on racism so as long as your frame comes from one of understanding and indifference, this shouldn’t be a big issue. There is more class separation than race, if you sit and ponder it.
- The average “Marina Guy” is a tall, 6 foot ex-frat / jock boy who never made it big in sports, but is still relatively rich and now works at a startup in San Francisco post tech boom. Think Josh Heartnick in 40 days and 40 nights. The good news is that these guys usually have very lame game, because they have always depended on their frat social networks and their looks to get laid. A semi-competent PUA should have no problems here.
The Mission Hipster Girl
The Mission Hipster is a twenty-something self-proclaimed ‘artist,’ usually seen drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon at dive bars when not riding up and down Valencia on their track bike. They take pride in their relative poverty (though more than a few have wealthy families), working jobs as baristas or bike messengers. Their signature look includes a fauxhawk (male) or short bowl cut (female), aviator sunglasses, an ironic t-shirt, ripped jeans and Chuck Taylors. They can be found in great number at Slim’s or the Bottom of the Hill on any given weekend where they prefer the sounds of acoustic guitars played by troubled singer-songwriters and upbeat post-punk-pop. They often avoid the upper Mission on those same nights, complaining that it’s overrun by ‘slumming yuppies from the Marina.’
On visiting the mission this weekend, we (some PUAs and me) found a strong dislike of anything Marina-related when out clubbing in the mission. I also found mission social circles to be more in tune. In other words, opening cold sets in the mission requires more congruence and game. The good news is that these mission girls, although not as “pretty” in the traditional sense of makeup, highend style and barbie-like hair, have character. Some are artists. Another girl I met was a fashion designer. Girls who study art at the Academy of Art San Francisco who play video games with their guy friends on weekdays and party hard on the weekends.
Mission Girl Pros
- Into something other than themselves
- Usually has some drugs or weed at least if you’re into that sort of thing
- Has less makeup and a sense of natural beauty (less makeup, no implants, variety of fashionable styles)
- Is down to earth and real once you get past bitch shield
Mission Girl Cons
- In general, does not flaunt sexuality as much. Hard to spot physical 10s unless you look closely.
- Can have high bitch shields if you are not part of the group
- Has some weird hobby that you just don’t get and a cat at home
- Lives in a small apartment with loud neighbors
I love both types of girls. I find the Marina girls more fuck-able and the Mission girls more interesting to talk to.
We often hear about students and aspiring PUAs complaining that the seduction community is becoming more mainstream, and that our methods no longer work once it is known to the general public.
There are a great many posts regarding this on the lair forums, among PUAs in the States and also all over the world. There seems to be 2 extremes of thought:
One one hand, showing the general public about MM (Mystery Method) will dilute the effectiveness of the routines, especially for newbies.
On the other, PUAs believe that this general awareness has nothing to do with game. Just like Bruce Lee made material arts famous worldwide, there is still a steep learning curve and those that are committed will travel that path regardless.
There is some general consensus, however, that public releases such as “The Game” by Strauss in 2004 and the premier of The Pickup Artist: Season 1 in August 06 of 2007 has create a general awareness of the game by the mainstream, even if only temporary. This also helps others who are searching for the Game to find it, as I did with Strauss’ book. A Google Trends analysis shows some interesting results:
Before August of 2007, the term “Pickup Artist” was a relatively secluded term on Google.com. After the show’s airing, search patterns went up dramatically. It eventually lowers in Nov 2008, but at a slightly higher level than before is now maintained as the “consistent norm”. In this case, those that were originally looking and become devoted to the art probably benefited from the show’s airing, and was able to latch on to the community and its lifestyle. Meanwhile, the rest of the general public lost interest, as fads come and go.
A search for “fast seduction” shows a slowing trend
And a search for “seduction community” shows even lower searches.
It is for this reason that I believe that with The Pickup Artist, Season 2, a slow but sure incremental increase will occur for people searching for the pickup community, however general interest will wane again, as it did before in late 2007 after the show ends.